Phylomène Zangio is candidate in Moncton-East
Mrs Phylomène Zangio was made the Green Party candidate for the Moncton-East riding by Elections NB for the New Brunswick provincial elections.
A woman of ideas, and a woman of action, Phylomène Zangio is well-known for her community involvement, her commitment to equality for women and to professional and social inclusion for men and women immigrating to New Brunswick. She was the 2015 winner of the Black Excellence Award for outstanding influence and leadership.
Phylomène was the first co-chair of the consensus-building forum Voices of New Brunswick Women, and has served on the Board of the following organizations:
- Regroupement féministe du Nouveau-Brunswick,
- Société de l’Acadie du Nouveau-Brunswick,
- National Coalition of Provincial and Territorial Advisory Councils on the Status of Women,
- Multicultural Association of the Greater Moncton Area (MAGMA),
- City of Moncton’s Advisory Committee on Poverty and Social Inclusion,
- Community Advisory Board on Mental Health of the Vitalité Health Network.
She was an active participant in creating a support Centre for francophone immigrants in Southeastern New Brunswick (CAFI). She was also active in the parent support committees in Moncton’s Champlain, Mascaret and Odyssée schools.
Mrs Zangio is a proud mother who likes to be implicated in her community. She’s been living in Moncton for 30 years. Furthermore, she completed her studies in management at the administration faculty of the Université de Moncton et masters 6 languages.
Mrs Zangio’s campaign will focus on inclusion, integration, social participation, environmental protection and enhancement of our heritage as well as the region’s and the province’s vibrancy through arts, culture, and sports.